| A very dire and perilous time is soon encroaching upon the United States of America. This period will test the American people like none other since the turbulent 1960's. If those elected officials in Washington D.C. who support a radical, socialist, leftist agenda succeed, America in a governmental policy sense will be fundamentally changed. If elected officials who stand for the America of fiscal responsibility, traditional family values and a strong national defense succeed, this virtual nightmare will be avoided. It is known that many members of Congress are devout socialists who view the Cuban dictator Fidel Castro as a great leader and herald the Cuban medical system as a model for the United States to follow. When this period arrives, and if these elected officials achieve their agenda, America WILL be in grave danger. You may ask what this period is; it is the lame duck congressional session starting 15 November. |
The Democrats haven't had much success with their agenda due to the sheer volume of atrocious legislation they're sponsoring that is so counter to the opinion of the majority of Americans. Knowing this, the Democrats and also a number of Republicans are trying every sort of trickery to be reelected, and holding out hope for that prospect. However, if many of them are not reelected then all bets are off. These elected officials will not hold to their sworn oath and will force as much of this egregious legislation through as they can. If you haven't called or written your U.S. Senators or Representatives, I strongly encourage you to do so. Tell them NOT to push through legislation that is harmful or detrimental to our Nation during this lame duck session. Here is a list of some of the some of the worst bills you MUST tell your elected officials NOT to vote passage on:
• The American Power Act, S.1733, would place heavy federal taxation on energy consumption while simultaneously providing large tax payer subsidies to corporations who would see production drop offs due to high taxation. This in an effort to decrease energy consumption under the false premise that global temperatures would drastically fall.
• Repeal of the "Hyde Amendment". Repeal of this law would allow full federal tax payer funding of abortion.
• The Defense Authorization Bill, S.3454, which if passed would authorize abortions on military medical facilities and open homosexuality in the military. The Democrats would like the public to think this bill must pass to fund the military. This is an "authorization" bill, not an "appropriations" bill.
• Repeal of the "Defense of Marriage Act" or DOMA. DOMA gives individual states the right to establish marriage laws and not have to recognize the marriage laws of other states. If repealed, Texas would have to recognize a same-sex marriage from the state of Massachusetts, hypothetically speaking. This law also establishes marriage between one man and one woman.
• S.3194, "Public Safety Employer-Employee Cooperation Act of 2009". If passed, this legislation would give unions the ability to unionize all police and fire departments in all states and local communities. If a strike is called who's going to lock up the criminals and extinguish fires?
• S.1584, "The Employment Non-Discrimination Act of 2009", also known as ENDA. If passed through Congress and signed into law, this legislation would take from employers (with 15 or more employees) the ability not to hire an open transgendered or homosexual person. Standards of dress required by an employer could not be imposed on a transgendered person. Additionally, if James reports to work the next day as Jane and desires to use the "ladies room", you have to accommodate him, or her.
• Democracy Is Strengthened by Casting Light on Spending in Elections Act, S.3628. If passed, this legislation will place great restrictions on corporate donors to political campaigns, yet oddly enough give labor union contributors little to no restrictions. Since 1990 labor unions have contributed $667 million to political campaigns. Of the $667 million given to political campaigns, $614 million have gone to Democratic candidates.
• H.R. 2267, "Internet Gambling Regulation, Consumer Protection, and Enforcement Act. This bill, if passed into law, will facilitate the largest expansion of online gambling ever. The bill's sponsor, Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.), desperately wants this to pass due to the perception that large amounts of revenue will be generated because of internet specific taxes.
To counter this "lame-duck" congressional session Rep. Tom Price (R-Ga.) introduced a resolution of restraint to have all of the House of Representatives go on record to vote as to whether they would in fact use restraint. The motion to practice restraint failed 236-163 with only six Democrats agreeing to respect voters' wishes this fall. In a memo that leaked from Sen. Harry Reid's (D-Nev.) office, the Senate Leader laid out an aggressive legislative agenda that would start on November 15. "We're going to have a lame-duck session," he told a gathering of the most liberal voters in the party, "so we're not giving up". In that four week period, Sen. Reid aims to take up everything from tax cuts to so-called clean energy bills and every ultra-Left social issue in between. If there is ever a period of time we need to exert a lot of pressure on Congress it's this one. If there is ever a time to pray for America it's this time. If your U.S. Senator or Representative supports restraint then please encourage them to thwart every effort by the majority party to pass any of this egregious legislation. If they don't support restraint then let them know your displeasure with not honoring the will of the majority of Americans.